What Makes Us Look Older?
As a person ages, they experience many different changes to their appearance. The most common and noticeable changes are the ones that happen to their skin. Skin begins to thin and become less elastic, which contributes to a loose or saggy appearance. You can look younger with our aesthetics treatments at Laser Duet. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 15238 W Warren Ave Ste #A Dearborn, MI 48126.
Table of Contents:
Why Do You Look Older?
What Treatments Can Help You Look Younger?
Which Mistakes Should You Avoid For Better Skin?
Where Can You Find Such Glowy Skin Treatments?
The fatty tissues below the skin decrease, which leads to volume loss. And because the skin becomes thinner, it is more susceptible to wrinkles, lines and furrows. In addition to this, another common sign of aging is discolorations on the skin, such as liver spots (age spots).
There are a myriad of factors that can contribute to a person’s apparent age, including lifestyle, diet, environment, sun exposure, and much more. The physical effects of aging are marked by a decrease in muscle mass and bone density, as well as a decrease in the production of hormones and enzymes. These changes lead to a decrease in the body’s ability to repair itself and an increased susceptibility to disease. The most visible effects of aging are wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots such as liver spots. These changes are caused by a decrease in the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that give the skin its elasticity.
The field of cosmetics has a strong focus on anti-aging treatments and therapies that can achieve a younger-looking complexion. Some of the most common include:
• Botox — The most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedure in the United States, Botox is performed millions of times a year. This proven anti-aging treatment can achieve jaw-dropping outcomes in only a few days, with results that last for several months.
• Dermal Fillers — Dermal fillers, such as those composed of hyaluronic acid, are the second-most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States. Common uses of dermal fillers include wrinkle reduction, volume enhancement, and facial contouring.
• Microneedling — Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, microneedling is a tried and true treatment that can help you look younger. It can be combined with topical products to enhance their efficacy, or on its own.
• Chemical Peels — A favorite of dermatologists and clients alike, chemical peels are one of the most trusted treatments in the field of aesthetics. They come in a variety of strengths, each designed for a specific purpose. The stronger, more intense peels come with longer recovery times, but also provide the most rejuvenating results.
Maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin requires a rigorous skincare regimen and a well-balanced lifestyle. There are many things you can do to improve your skin health, but there are also a number of mistakes people can make that can actually achieve the opposite effect. These mistakes include:
• Washing your face with (too) hot water
• Not removing all makeup residue from skin
• Using the wrong cleanser
• Over-scrubbing your skin
• Using an astringent toner
These are only a few of the common mistakes people make when caring for their skin that can actually lead to older-looking skin. It is important to avoid these in your own skincare regimen and consult the help of a skincare professional on a regular basis.
If you are looking for aesthetic treatments that can provide you with glowing, radiant skin, look no further than Laser Duet Med Spa! Our experienced and established medical spa offers dozens of different treatments, from injectables to lasers, and peels to hair removal—we have something to fit everyone’s needs! Come to Laser Duet Med Spa to find out how we can help you look younger! Call us today to book an appointment with our anti-aging specialist! For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 15238 W Warren Ave Ste #A Dearborn, MI 48126. We serve clients from Dearborn MI, Melvindale MI, River Rouge MI, Allen Park MI, Lincoln Park MI, Dearborn Heights MI, Ecorse MI, and much more!